I’ve been following two amazing women for the past few months online. At 20 Something Allergies ,Jennifer has some super recipes and ideas for using whole foods (not boxed ones) for healing your body. She’s also accessible, responsive, and willing to take the time to help you figure out what your body needs. I also love what Rachel Feldman preaches on Rachel’s Wellness . She’s opened me up to a world of killer recipes that give us so much energy and well, we just feel better!So after reading, researching, compiling advice, talking, and emailing both of these lovely ladies, I thought I would share our favorite breakfast immune boosting smoothie recipe that I’ve concocted. I started making this for the girls when they were little, at just 14 months old!
immune boosting smoothie recipe
And the result is a delish smoothie full of nutrients that the girls love!
Our little model insisted on just one more photo!
Recipe is below, hope you enjoy it as much as we do! And don’t let this post fool you, we still eating plenty of not so healthy snacks, but we are working on it! Baby steps to better health and better eating!
- Non-Dairy Yogurt (Coconut or Almond Milk)
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Banana
- 5 or 6 frozen strawberries
- Handful frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp Local Bee Pollen Granules (Whole Foods)
- 1 TBSP ground flax seed
- 2 tsp Elderberry Syrup (Whole Foods)
- a little ice and water (or almond milk)
- Throw all the ingredients into the Magic Bullet or blender and you're done!
- I buy berries when they are on sale and freeze, and also freeze bananas sometimes. So de-lish!
- We like Sambucas Elderberry from Whole Foods.
By the way, check out this flashback to when I originally made this smoothie over four years ago! My babies are so grown up!
|Emy downs hers in one LONG gulp!|
|Lila savors her smoothie, and loves to pick out her straw.|